Protecting our Employees
We have taken a number of actions to support the health and safety of our employees across our stores and business operations. In addition to implementing social distancing policies recommended by the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC) at all our facilities, we have activated a number of emergency policies and enhanced benefits for our employees and their families.
How we are supporting our team
- We have temporarily closed the sales floors of our paint stores in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean, requiring customers to order product online or via phone, and access their products via curbside pick-up or delivery.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- We have implemented remote, alternate and flexible work arrangements where possible, including implementing split shifts at facilities and remote work options for non-essential on-site functions.
- We have enhanced paid sick and/or family leave and approved temporary leaves of absence.
- We’ve established a COVID-19 Intranet Resource Center.
- We are offering Telehealth at no cost for all full-time and part-time employees.
- We have advised employees not to report to work if they are sick and have implemented screening procedures that must be followed before permitting them to return to work.
- We have postponed or canceled hosting or attending large events. And we have asked employees to conduct meetings with external partners via digital channels whenever possible. For meetings that must take place in person, Sherwin-Williams has adopted visitor screening protocols and have prohibited customer visits in certain areas.
- We have prohibited all non-business critical/non-emergency international and domestic business travel.
- We have implemented national, federal, state, provincial and local public health orders and recommendations, including temperature checks and other screening procedures prior to work at certain facilities or locations, and social distancing practices.
- If an employee or a member of their household is diagnosis with COVID-19, we will implement enhanced cleaning and sanitation designed for COVID-19 response, advising self-quarantines for employees potentially exposed, and temporarily closing portions of facilities or entire facilities as necessary.
*(availability and applicability of some benefits may vary by global region)
If you are one of our 61,000 dedicate team members, please visit our employee intranet for more information on how this may affect you, and to receive the latest information on our response to COVID-19.