A Letter from our CEO to U.S. Small & Midsized B2B Customers
April 5, 2020
In just a few weeks, our world has changed dramatically. We are all experiencing unprecedented challenges to the health and safety of our families and friends, the economy, and how we live and work together. Please know that all of us at Sherwin-Williams are committed to helping you and our communities navigate the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
We are working hard to continue providing you with the products and services you depend upon while being mindful of the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities. We appreciate your continued partnership, as well as your understanding of the steps we have taken to serve you safely and responsibly. In our Sherwin-Williams Paint Stores, we temporarily closed our sales floors and moved to online ordering (register and order here), telephone ordering (find your local store here), and delivery or curbside pick-up. For our industrial customers, our sales representatives will partner with you to support your business activities. We know that you are counting on us to continue providing you with the products and trademark customer service you need to continue your business through this challenging time.
We are also committed to helping the communities in which we live and work. We are providing much needed support through the donation of more than 250,000 masks, gloves and lab coats to the heroic health care workers and emergency responders on the front lines fighting the virus across the United States. Additionally, we continue to supply critical products to major home and building product customers who support vital health care facilities, manufacturing plants and other infrastructure. We also supply customers involved in important applications such as food and beverage packaging, health care equipment, and energy infrastructure. Over the past few weeks alone, we delivered critical coatings products to producers of ventilators, oxygen tanks and hospital bedframes.
Although I am extraordinarily proud of our response to this crisis, I know that none of it would be possible without you – our loyal customers. I recognize that many of you are facing enormous challenges and we are here to help. As a first step, I want to ensure you and your business are aware of the governmental relief programs that may be available to you during this difficult time. We have collected the following information from third parties to help you understand these relief programs and your eligibility:
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide addresses various stimulus aid programs, including emergency and disaster assistance loans.
- CARES Act Programs
- Visit the CBIZ COVID-19 Resource Center to access tools and insights for small and midsized businesses.
- Learn more about the small business Paycheck Protection Program at the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship.
- For midsized business, the McDonald Hopkins’ blog provides additional insights and resources.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Programs (FFCRA)
- Visit the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to learn about the FFCRA which includes new paid sick leave, paid FMLA, tax credits, and unemployment insurance information.
- State and Local Government Programs
- Please check government websites in your area related to their COVID-19 response and potential additional assistance for businesses.
We are actively exploring other steps we can take to help you as we move forward. We thank you for your continued partnership and look forward to serving you in better times ahead.
John G. Morikis
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The Sherwin-Williams Company